08202017Headline:

Santa Barbara anchor’s issue was medical, family says

I only report this to finish the thought from earlier in the week. Paula Lopez, the news anchor at KEYT in Santa Barbara who was reported missing for several hours on Wednesday, was “experiencing a medical condition” that day, her family said in a statement. From the Santa Barbara Independent:

Lopez’s family issued a statement to KEYT expressing gratitude to the Sheriff’s Department, adding, “As a family we were very alarmed because Paula was experiencing a medical condition that caused her to be unable to communicate with us. She is now receiving the appropriate medical care and we hope and expect that her treatment will enable her to recover quickly.” The sheriff’s department up there denied that there was any special treatment involved when authorities began searching for Lopez less than an hour after she was reported missing. Lopez, a former anchor at KCAL 9 in Los Angeles, is married to a Superior Court judge in Santa Barbara. Also this: “Lopez, a ninth generation Santa Barbaran and a mainstay of the local media world, has let it be known that her days at KEYT — which was recently acquired by new owners — are numbered.”

What Next?

Related Articles